Southern Cornbread Recipe
1 package Appalachian Trail or Sante Fe Trail Cornbread mix
1 8-ounce can cream style corn, drained or kernals from 3 ears fresh corn
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 tablespoons melted butter
5 ounces can of green chilies, or use the Sante Fe Trail mix seasonings (optional)
Southern Recipe Directions:
- Blend eggs and buttermilk.
- Add contents of cornbread package. Stir in corn, cheese, green chilies or seasonings.
- Melt butter in 9 x 13 inch pan in preheated oven.
- Swirl the butter to coat the pan, then add melted butter to the batter and stir.
- Pour batter into pan and bake 18 to 20 minutes at 425 degrees.