Door County Potatoes Recipe
Wisconsin’s beautiful Door County hosts many a family picnic and reunion. Here is one of our favorite dishes.
- 6 or more medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 large white onion sliced in crescents
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 green pepper diced, or 3 jalapeno peppers for more heat
- 1 packet Frontier Soups Green Onion Party Starter Mix
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
Door County Potatoes Recipe Directions:
- Slice potatoes into approximate 8 by 11 inch baking dish. Use more potatoes and a larger pan, if you need to feed more people.
- Toss with olive oil and salt and spread in pan.
- Slice onion on top, red and green peppers and toss to coat with oil and Green Onion mix.
- Sprinkle cheese over all and drizzle butter over entire casserole.
- Bake for 1 hour in preheated oven at 350 degrees.