Apple Cornmeal Pancakes Recipe
Combine two favorite foods–apples and pancakes–made deliciously easy with Frontier Soups cornbread mix. The corn in the mix makes the texture hearty and crispy, not doughy and cakey like some pancakes. Top with maple syrup for a wonderful Fall breakfast, or lunch or dinner!
- 1 large apple, sliced and diced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package Frontier Soups’ Appalachian Trail Cornbread Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- Extra butter for the griddle
- In a small skillet or saucepan, melt butter. Add diced apple and sugar.
- Cook until softened, about 15 minutes over medium low heat.
- Heat griddle for pancakes, or an 8 inch skillet for larger pancakes that you will prepare one at a time for bigger appetites.
- Combine all batter ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk lightly until blended.
- Melt butter onto griddle.
- Ladle 1/4 to 1/2 cup of batter onto griddle depending on size you like.
- Let batter set and start to brown on the bottom.
- Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of apple on top.
- Flip when ready, brown second side, and serve with maple syrup.
This recipe will work well with blueberries also.