Spaghetti Squash & Mushrooms Recipe
Spaghetti Squash and Mushrooms to serve 4.
- 2 squash
- 8 oz of mushrooms. sliced
- 1/2 cup of broth (vegetable, beef or chicken broth all work)
- 1/4 cup of cream
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 teaspoon of Frontier Soups Lemony Dill Mix, or fresh dill
- Slice two squash in half around the middle, scoop out the seeds like you would a pumpkin. Place cut side down in flat pyrex pan and add 2 inches of water. Place in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- While squash bakes, make the following mushroom sauce.
- Saute 8 oz. sliced mushrooms in 3 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of flour, and stir in 1/2 cup broth. Stir and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup cream and 1 teaspoon lemony dill mix or fresh dill. Continue cooking on low until thickened another 15 minutes. Add more cream if needed.
- Remove squash from oven, turn each half face up. Scoop around the edge to loosen the squash. Add a tablespoon of butter and using a fork pull squash insides apart to see the spaghetti texture of this unusual squash.
- Serve a spoonful of the mushroom sauce on each half of the spaghetti squash cups.