Loading... Please wait...
Peppermint Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 1 angel food cake
- 2 pints peppermint stick ice cream
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 ounces peppermint crackle
- With a long serrated knife slice the angel food cake into three layers (two cross cuts).
- Allow ice cream to slightly soften, scoop and spread on the bottom cake layer.
- Place middle cake layer on ice cream and repeat the layering.
- Put cake in freezer while whipping the cream into firm peaks.
- Add powdered sugar to whipped cream and blend.
- Place whipped cream in refrigerator and hold til ready to serve or an hour before serving.
- Remove cake from freezer and frost with whipped cream.
- Scatter peppermint crackle over the top and serve or place in refrigerator up to an hour until ready to serve.