A bountiful medley of Summer produce in a pot. Zucchini, green beans, peas, carrots, leeks and corn make this a year-round favorite. Great for using left over Thanksgiving turkey in the fall. Gluten free with corn pasta.
Vegetable Soup Mix Ingredients:
Brown rice, corn pasta (gluten free corn flour), onions, carrots, peppers, peas, beans, zucchini, corn, celery and herbs. No added salt, preservatives or MSG.
Allergen Information: Gluten-Free
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups water, if adding turkey
- Optional: leftover turkey meat, cut up
- 1 10-ounce box frozen or fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Vegetable Soup Recipe Directions:
- In a 4 quart pot, sauté garlic in oil and butter on low heat for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable soup mix and toss lightly.
- Add broth, turkey if desired and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Add pasta and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and peas.
- Turn off heat, and leave uncovered for 10 minutes before serving.
Slow Cooker Recipe Directions:
Recommended slow cooker: 4 quart
- In a skillet, sauté garlic and oil on low heat for 1 minute. Add vegetable contents of mix and toss lightly.
- Transfer sautéed ingredients to slow cooker. Add broth, turkey and water if desired. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours. This soup is better cooked 3-4 hours on HI.
- Turn up heat to HI and add peas, lemon juice and macaroni pasta. Cook 30 minutes and serve.
*This soup takes less than one and a half hours on stove top so the slow cooker does not offer great benefit in this preparation.
Ohio Valley Vegetable Soup
Nutrition FactsServing Size: About 1/3 Cup (21g) Dry Mix
Prepared Serving Size: About 1 Cup
Serving Per Container: About 6
|Amount per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||5||50|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat 0g*||0%||9%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||5%||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%||12%|
*Amount in As packaged. About 1 cup prepared contributes an additional 100 Calories (45 Calories from Fat), 5 g Total Fat (1.5 g Saturated Fat), 25 mg Cholesterol, 790 mg Sodium, 7 g Total Carbohydrate (1 g Dietary Fiber, 2 g Sugars), 7 g Protein.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:||Fat 9||Carbohydrate 4||Protein 4|