Mom’s Chocolate Sauce Recipe
This is a thick sauce, delicious with berries and ice cream or with coffee ice cream and meringues for an elegant party dessert.
- 4 ounces of bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, half a stick
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup cream, half and half works well
- Chai Spices from the dessert soup mix
- Place chocolate chunks, butter and powdered sugar in top of double boiler. Allow ingredients to melt slowly and blend together.
- In a separate small saucepan heat cream and drop in the prepared chai spices in the cheesecloth bag.
- Heat the cream slowly for five minutes, turn off heat and allow spices to steep about 20 minutes.
- Remove and discard the chai spices, slowly add the cream into the chocolate mixture stirring constantly until smooth.