Autumn Pumpkin Soup Recipe
For an appetizer course hostesses often serve this pumpkin soup in small bowls or demitasse cups for a fancy presentation during cocktails. (Makes 12 6-oz. servings.)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 28-ounce can pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 2 cups heavy/whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 Package Frontier Soups’ Autumn Pumpkin Soup Spice Mix
Pumpkin Soup Recipe Directions:
- In a 3 or 4-quart pot bring broth, pumpkin, brown sugar, and half contents of Pumpkin Spice Mix packet to a simmer, stirring to blend.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low 30 minutes.
- Add cream slowly and continue heating on low for 15 minutes.
- Ladle into small bowls and serve a beautiful appetizer soup.
May prepare this several days ahead and reheat to serve. A sprinkle of sunflower seeds on top is a fun garnish!