Add buttermilk to the mix and bake in an 8-inch square or muffin tin. With a soft crumb inside and crusty outside, its slightly sweet, the perfect complement to soup for supper.
Cornbread Mix Ingredients:
Cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
Cornbread Recipe Directions:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter in 8x8 pan in oven - butter may turn brown. Then, swirl butter in pan to coat bottom and sides.
- Pour remaining butter from pan into mixing bowl. Blend in eggs and buttermilk.
- Add contents of cornbread mix and stir thoroughly. Pour mixture into preheated pan.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until cornbread is firm on top and lightly browned.