The world's best cornbread mix makes an 8x8 inch square pan or use a muffin tin and fill a basket with delicious corn muffins for any meal. For breakfast we like to split the cornbread square in half and spread with butter and warm syrup.
Serve this delicious cornbread with soup for supper or with butter and hot syrup for breakfast.
Cornbread Mix Ingredients:
Cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
Cornbread Recipe Directions:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter in 8x8 pan in oven - butter may turn brown. Then, swirl butter in pan to coat bottom and sides.
- Pour remaining butter from pan into mixing bowl. Blend in eggs and buttermilk.
- Add contents of cornbread mix and stir thoroughly. Pour mixture into preheated pan.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until cornbread is firm on top and lightly browned.