Exquisite long grain wild rice, gluten free corn pasta shells, and a delicate seasonings blend with added chicken, asparagus and optional white wine combine for an elegant chicken soup celebration.
Wild Rice Soup Mix Ingredients:
Fusilli Corn Pasta (Gluten Free Corn Flour), Premium Wild Rice, Onion, Carrot, Celery, Leek, Parsley and Spices. No added salt, preservatives or MSG.
Allergen Information: Certified Gluten-Free
What you need:
- 1½ tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1½ tablespoons Butter
- 10 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Quartered Chicken (or 2 Large Chicken Breasts, 3+ Cups)
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 10-ounce Box Frozen Peas or Asparagus Pieces
- Optional: 1 cup White Wine
Here's what you do:
- In a 6-quart pot, toss contents of Wisconsin Lakeshore Wild Rice Soup Mix vegetable packet lightly in oil and melted butter over low heat.
- Add broth, bring to a boil.
- Rinse wild rice in a strainer and add to soup pot.
- Add chicken parts and pepper.
- Return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove chicken to cool.
- Cut chicken meat off the bones and return to pot.
- Bring back to a boil, add pasta packet and wine, if desired. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add peas and aspargus for final 3 minutes of cooking time and serve.
New Nutrition Tips:
- To boost vegetables add 1 1/2 cups chopped celery and/or 1 1/2 cups bok choy with the peas or asparagus in the final 10 minutes of cooking.
- To give a Mediterranean twist, add 1/2 cup sliced, blanched, unsalted almonds in final 5 minutes of cooking.
- To cut saturated fat, use vegetable oil rather than butter to sauté vegetables. Remove any skin from chicken.
- To cut sodium prepare with low sodium broth. To cut sodium further, substitute water for half of the broth.
Slow Cooker Recipe Directions:
Recommended slow cooker size: 4 quart
- In a skillet, toss contents of vegetables in packet lightly in butter and oil over low heat.
- Rinse wild rice and add to bowl of slow cooker with chicken and broth.
- Transfer vegetables to slow cooker, stir well. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours.
- Remove chicken to cool. Cut chicken off bones and return to slow cooker. Season with pepper.
- Add peas, asparagus, wine and pasta. Cook for 30 minutes and serve.
Wisconsin Lakeshore Wild Rice Soup
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 3 Tbsp. Dry Mix
Prepared Serving Size: 1 Cup
Serving Per Container: About 15
|Amount per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||5||25|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat 0g*||0%||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||5%||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%||12%|
*Amount in As packaged. About 1 cup prepared contributes an additional 100 Calories (45 Calories from Fat), 5 g Total Fat (1.5 g Saturated Fat), 25 mg Cholesterol, 790 mg Sodium, 7 g Total Carbohydrate (1 g Dietary Fiber, 2 g Sugars), 7 g Protein.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:||Fat 9||Carbohydrate 4||Protein 4|