Chopped mushrooms flavor this quick cooking wild rice and vegetable soup. Add cut up chicken for a good-for-you supper in a bowl.
Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup Mix Ingredients:
Wild rice, mushrooms, carrot, petite peas, onion, celery, scallions, garlic and spices.
Allergen Information: Certified Gluten-Free
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 12 – 16 oz. cooked or fresh chicken breast, cut up
- Optional: Add 1/2 cup white wine or add 1 cup of light cream
- In a 3 or 4-quart pot bring broth to a boil.
- Add contents of Oregon lakes Wild Rice & Mushroom Soup Mix and chicken.
- Bring soup back to a simmer, cover and simmer 40 minutes.
- Add wine, if desired, let stand 5 minutes and serve!
For richer variation: Prepare mix with 6 cups of broth. Simmer 30 minutes and slowly stir in cream. Keep pot covered on low heat for 15 more minutes and serve.
New Nutrition Tips:
- To boost vegetables, add 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen, finely chopped broccoli, snap peas, asparagus, or Brussel Sprouts in final 5 minutes of cooking time.
- To go Vegetarian, substitute 2 cups chopped mushrooms, or cubed fresh or frozen butternut squash for the chicken.
- To give a Mediterranean twist, substitute 12 ounces scallops or shrimp for chicken and add during final 5 minutes of cooking time.
- To cut saturated fat, skip the optional cream and add 1-2 cups additional broth. For the Inventive Variations suggestion on the website and package, also omit the cream.
- To cut sodium, prepare with low sodium broth. To cut sodium further, substitute water for half of the broth.
Wild rice and mushrooms are natural accompaniments to any fowl. Substitute pheasant, quail, or duck, if there is a hunter in the house who’s stocked your freezer. Add 8 oz. of fresh mushrooms (with or without the chicken) and add the cream for a Minnesota-style wild rice soup.
Oregon Lakes Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Cup (17g)
Prepared Serving Size: About 1 Cup
Serving Per Container: About 7
|Amount per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||0||30|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat 0g*||0%||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||4%||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%||4%|
*Amount in Mix.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:||Fat 9||Carbohydrate 4||Protein 4|