Zucchini, green beans, peas, carrots, leeks and corn make a bountiful medley of summer produce in a pot. Start the preparation with fresh garlic and finish with pea pods for this year round vegetable favorite. Great for using leftover Thanksgiving turkey in the fall. Gluten free with corn pasta.
Vegetable Soup Mix Ingredients:
Brown rice, corn pasta (gluten free corn flour), onions, carrots, peppers, peas, beans, zucchini, corn, celery and herbs. No added salt, preservatives or MSG.
Allergen Information: Certified Gluten-Free
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups water, if adding turkey
- Optional: leftover turkey meat, cut up
- 1 10-ounce box frozen or fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Vegetable Soup Recipe Directions:
- In a 4 quart pot, sauté garlic in oil and butter on low heat for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable soup mix and toss lightly.
- Add broth, turkey if desired and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Add pasta and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and peas.
- Turn off heat, and leave uncovered for 10 minutes before serving.
Slow Cooker Recipe Directions:
Recommended slow cooker size: 4 quart
- In a skillet, sauté garlic and oil on low heat for 1 minute. Add vegetable contents of mix and toss lightly.
- Transfer sautéed ingredients to slow cooker. Add broth, turkey and water if desired. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours. This soup is better cooked 3-4 hours on HI.
- Turn up heat to HI and add peas, lemon juice and macaroni pasta. Cook 30 minutes and serve.
*This soup takes less than one and a half hours on stove top so the slow cooker does not offer great benefit in this preparation.
Ohio Valley Vegetable Soup
Nutrition FactsServing Size: About 1/3 Cup (21g) Dry Mix
Prepared Serving Size: About 1 Cup
Serving Per Container: About 6
|Amount per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||5||50|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat 0g*||0%||9%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||5%||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%||12%|
*Amount in As packaged. About 1 cup prepared contributes an additional 100 Calories (45 Calories from Fat), 5 g Total Fat (1.5 g Saturated Fat), 25 mg Cholesterol, 790 mg Sodium, 7 g Total Carbohydrate (1 g Dietary Fiber, 2 g Sugars), 7 g Protein.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:||Fat 9||Carbohydrate 4||Protein 4|