Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe
This is a great party dish for the holidays or anytime. It can be made with leftover Thanksgiving turkey or with chicken breasts. The directions below fill a 7 by 11 flat casserole, but something deeper than a pyrex baking dish is better.
- 4 cups shredded leftover turkey meat or 4 cups (about 4 chicken breast halves) Simmer 15 minutes in water, cool, and cut up.
- 1/2 pound penne, rigatoni, corkscrew or other small pasta
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter with 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup blanched, slivered almonds
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Seasoning options: 1 tablespoon Chipotle Dip Mix* Or 1 tablespoon Lemony Dill Dip Mix* Or Plenty of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups heated whipping cream
- 1/4 Cup dry white wine
- Make sauce by melting butter in 2 or 3 quart saucepan.
- Stir in flour.
- Add broth slowly until it slightly thickens.
- Remove from heat and add warmed cream, wine and Chipotle seasoning, Dill seasoning or pepper.
- Optional topping: Mix 2 tablespoons of butter, 1/2 cup bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon of Chipotle or Lemony Dill Dip mix until crumbly.
Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe Directions:
- Shred meat
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water about 8 minutes
- Saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil about 10 minutes
- Make sauce as directed above
- Make topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together in the casserole the chicken, pasta, and sauce.
- Spread the topping over the dish. Sprinkle almonds over all.
- Bake 30 minutes, until lightly browned on top and serve. Or, may be made ahead, refrigerated, and placed in oven for 35-40 minutes.
*All our dip mixes are delicious blends for use in seasoning all your cooking. Mix them lightly in their little bags or a small bowl and save the remainder for other use.