This Thai inspired peanut soup has just the right amount of heat. Add peanut butter and chicken and serve as a main course or appetizer soup. (Contains no peanuts.)
Peanut Soup Mix Ingredients:
Sweet potato, red pepper, celery, sliced onion, green onions, cayenne, pepper, spices, no peanuts.
Allergen Information: Certified Gluten-Free.
- 6 cups chicken broth (may substitute vegetable broth)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Optional: 1 to 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken or 1 lb peeled, deveined shrimp. For a party, garnish each serving with a sprinkle of roasted peanuts and fresh cilantro.
- Bring broth to a boil in a 2 or 3-quart saucepan.
- Add contents of San Francisco Thai Golden Peanut Soup Mix, reduce heat and simmer, covered 15 minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter until thoroughly blended.
- Add chicken if desired, and continue cooking on low for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, let stand for 5 minutes, stir and serve.
New Nutrition Tips:
- To boost vegetables, add one 14 ounce can no salt added, fire-roasted tomatoes and/or 1 cup chopped snow peas or bean sprouts in final 5 minutes of cooking time.
- To give a Mediterranean or Thai twist, add 1lb scallops or shrimp and add during final 5 minutes of cooking time. Garnish each serving with fresh cilantro. (See Optional recipe addition on the package or website.)
- To cut sodium and sugar, prepare with low sodium and reduced sugar, creamy peanut butter, or prepare with no salt or sugar added, creamy peanut butter.
- To cut sodium prepare with low sodium broth. To cut sodium further, substitute water for half of the broth.
For an intense sauce on grilled chicken, use only half the amount of broth and double the peanut butter in original recipe. Serve chicken on skewers with peanut sauce for dipping or as an appetizer.
San Francisco Thai Golden Peanut Soup
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 3 tbsp (19g)
Prepared Serving Size: About 1 Cup
Serving Per Container: About 7
|Amount per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||5||198|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat 0.5g*||1%||33%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%||24%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%||16%|
*Amount in Mix.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:||Fat 9||Carbohydrate 4||Protein 4|