Spinach Escarole Bake Recipe
- 4 boxes frozen chopped spinach
- 4 heads chopped fresh escarole
- 1 16 ounce container cottage cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Spinach Escarole Recipe Directions:
- In large 6 quart covered pot bring 1 cup water to a boil and add spinach.
- Turn heat down and simmer, breaking up frozen blocks, and cover for five minutes.
- Add in chopped escarole, cover and cook 10 minutes, then drain in colander.
- In same pan melt 1/4 cup butter with lemon juice and saute garlic.
- Add cottage cheese and Parmesan, stir together.
- Add spinach mixture, stir to blend.
- Place into casserole and set aside. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, and serve.
Options: Add a box of frozen artichoke hearts when cooking the spinach and escarole, or place a spoonful of the creamed spinach into artichoke bottoms and place into flat glass pan to bake as separate servings.