Salade Americaine Recipe
A sophisticated and tasty summer corn salad! Serves 10-12.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon later
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, plus 1 tablespoon later
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 5 cups fresh corn kernels, (about eight ears)
- 1 tablespoon Frontier Soups’ Pesto Tomato Dip Mix (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian Parsley and 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil)
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a heavy saucepan heat the oil over moderate heat and sauté garlic 30 seconds.
- Add lemon juice and wine and cook three minutes.
- Remove corn kernals from the cob using a corn stripper or knife and add the corn and 1/2 contents of the Pesto seasoning packet or fresh herbs.
- Simmer three minutes.
- Remove from heat and place into medium salad bowl and allow to cool.
- Add all remaining fresh ingredients.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until picnic time.
- Just before serving, refresh and toss salad with 1 more tablespoon of olive oil and lemon juice.