Try this polenta side dish to earn raves at your next dinner party. The texture is firm and cheesy, (add gruyere cheese!) and it's served cut into squares, a wonderful side dish to grilled meats, pot roast or sautéed vegetables. Made with real hominy grits, like white cornmeal, this Italian specialty can be prepared a day ahead and serves 12. Roasted Corn Polenta makes a fantastic party side dish to any grilled meat, or serve with bacon and eggs for breakfast.
Roasted White Corn Polenta Ingredients:
White polenta (corn meal or hominy grits), fire-roasted, freeze-dried corn and five pepper blend.
Allergen Information: Certified Gluten-Free
- 6 cups whole milk
- 12 tablespoons butter, cut up into pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 ounces shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Roasted White Corn Polenta Recipe Directions:
- Bring milk to a slow boil in a 3 quart saucepan.
- Add cut-up butter and packaged polenta.
- Cook on medium low heat and stir almost continuously until thick about 8 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, add salt and contents of roasted corn seasoning packet.
- Beat 5 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Pour mixture into flat 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle both cheeses and melted butter over the top.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cut into squares and serve.