Delicious and cheesy, this polenta side dish is made with white hominy rather than yellow corn meal. Add milk, butter and Gruyere cheese, and serve with grilled chicken, ribs, roast lamb or steak, or for breakfast with bacon and eggs. Bake in a 7 x 11 baking dish. Excellent make-ahead dish for entertaining. Serves 8 to 12.
Recipe '55 Mom's Italian Baked Polenta Ingredients:
White corn polenta grits, freeze-dried corn, ground peppercorn blend, allspice
Allergen Information: Gluten-Free
You Will Also Need:
- 6 cups whole milk
- 12 tablespoons butter, cut up into pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 ounces shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Here's What You Do:
- Bring milk to a slow boil in a 3 quart saucepan.
- Add cut-up butter and packaged polenta.
- Cook on medium low heat and stir almost continuously until thick about 8 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, add salt and contents of roasted corn seasoning packet.
- Beat 5 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Pour mixture into flat 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle both cheeses and melted butter over the top.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cut into squares and serve.