Pecan Fudge Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 8 ounces of bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large or XL eggs
- 1 rounded tablespoon of instant espresso powder
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups lightly chopped pecans
Pecan Fudge Brownie Recipe Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pyrex baking dish.
- Melt butter and chocolate in double boiler or in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat. Let cool 5 minutes or longer.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer blend sugar, eggs, espresso powder and vanilla in large bowl. Add melted chocolate mixture and blend until smooth. Add dry ingredients and stir just until blended. Stir in pecan pieces.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until top looks dry and toothpick inserted comes out with crumbs attached, about 25 to 28 minutes.
- Transfer pan to rack and cool.
- Cut brownies on the bias, diagonal cuts, for diamond shaped brownies and serve on a platter.
Save your remaining Chai spices for flavoring plain tea or hot chocolate!