Orange Fennel Salad Recipe
Serves about 6.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium purple onion
- 2 medium fennel bulbs
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 naval oranges
- Fresh parsley or tarragon
Orange Fennel Salad Recipe Ingredients:
- Peel and slice onion in half top to bottom and then cut crosswise into narrow half circle pieces.
- In large skillet saute onion in oil 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut fennel bulbs in half top to bottom and then cut crosswise into narrow half circle pieces. Add to skillet.
- Cut yellow pepper the same way into narrow half rings. Add to skillet and sauté five minutes.
- Add juice of half an orange and continue cooking for a total of about 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat, place on platter and cool.
- Top with oranges sliced into pieces.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Optional: top with crumbled feta cheese or toasted walnuts, or serve warm and use as a bed for lightly sautéed white fish such as sole or snapper, for a whole meal.