This versatile herb mixture combines the tartness of lemon with the light, bright taste of dill for a delicious combination as a dip mix or added to melted butter and baked on fish or chicken. Also wonderful to make herby bread for dinner. Makes 2 cups.
Dill, parsley, shallots and lemon pepper.
See individual recipes for additions.
Dill Dip Recipe Directions:
- Blend contents of packet into one cup sour cream mixed with one cup of mayonnaise, and juice of half a lemon.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight before serving.
- Enjoy as a dip for vegetables, chips or sandwich spread.
Fish, Chicken or Vegetable Bake Recipe Directions:
- Blend contents of packet into one cup melted butter and juice of one lemon.
- For fish, brush mixture on each filet and bake 10 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees depending on thickness of the fish.
- For chicken, coat boneless breasts in butter mixture and bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Or, drizzle over steamed vegetables or rice for a flavorful side dish!
Herbed Rye Bread Recipe Directions:
- Blend contents of packet into one cup softened butter.
- Spread between slices of hearty rye bread.
- Wrap loaf in foil and bake 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Save extra butter mixture for other use.