Late Summer Pesto Pasta Recipe
Pesto is a marvelous combination of garlic, lots of basil, pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese. If using patty pan squash use a pasta like penne for a different shape, or if using green beans pick a round pasta shape like shells or orichette. A delicious late summer or fall side dish! Serves 3-4, for a main dish, add cut up grilled chicken breast!
- 12 ounces patty pan squash or fresh green beans
- 1/2 pound Whole Wheat Pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh pesto
Pesto Pasta Recipe Directions:
- Boil pasta as directed on package.
- Nip off the ends of the squash or the beans.
- Saute the squash in butter or chicken broth for 5 minutes; or boil green beans in with the pasta for the last 3 minutes of cooking. Do not cover.
- Drain pasta, place back into cook pot along with squash and stir in pesto, as much or as little as you like.