Super foods kale and quinoa with savory seasonings give this new vegetarian mix substance and nutrition. Add diced squash and tomatoes for an easy to prepare soup meal in any season.
Kale and Quinoa Vegetable Soup Mix Ingredients:
White Quinoa, Kale Flakes, Chopped Onion, Carrot, Butternut Squash Flakes, Garlic, Spices. No Added Salt, Preservatives or MSG.
Allergen Information: Certified Gluten-Free
You Will Also Need:
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 12 – 16 oz cubed butternut squash, peeled and cubed (find fresh in your produce dept. or use frozen)
- 1 14-oz. can petite diced tomatoes
Here's What You Do:
- In a 4-quart pot bring broth to a simmer on stovetop.
- Place fresh butternut squash in microwave bowl, covered, and microwave on high for 6 minutes.
- Add contents of West Coast Kale & Quinoa Vegetable Soup Mix to soup pot.
- Stir in tomatoes and partially cooked squash, and cover soup pot. Bring back to a simmer for 25 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Serve this delightful whole grains and vegetable soup with crusty white bread.
New Nutrition Tips:
- To boost vegetables, add 1 box of frozen peas or 2 cups fresh, shredded Brussel sprouts in final 10 minutes of cooking time.
- To further boost whole grains, serve soup with crusty whole grain bread.
- To give a Mediterranean twist, top each serving with 1 tablespoon chopped, unsalted walnuts.
- To cut sodium, prepare with no salt added, canned diced tomatoes and low sodium broth. To cut sodium further, substitute water for half of the broth.
For a quinoa-based casserole dish, use four instead of six cups broth and add 2 cups cut up cooked chicken along with the squash and tomatoes. Follow recipe as written and serve with green salad!
West Coast Kale and Quinoa Vegetable Soup Mix
Nutrition FactsServing Size: About 3 tbsp (16g)
Prepared Serving Size: About 1 Cup Prepared
Serving Per Container: About 8
|Amount per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||5||15|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat 0.5g*||0%||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%||0%|
|Trans Fat 0|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%||12%|
*Amount in Mix.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.