With classic creole seasonings this soup mix offers a contemporary take on a traditional jambalaya dish. Add ham and shrimp and dig in!
Jambalaya Soup Mix Ingredients:
Seasoned Calasparra Spanish Rice (Garlic, Salt, Chile Pepper, Canola Oil, Turmeric, Sugar, Spices, Paprika, Saffron), Onion, Carrot, Red and Green Bell Pepper, Scallions, Shallots, and Cayenne Pepper. No Added Salt, Preservatives, or MSG.
Allergen Information: Certified Gluten-Free
You Will Also Need:
- 6 cups chicken broth (or part clam juice)
- 6 oz. diced ham (about 1 cup)
- 1 14-oz can tomatoes with garlic or tomatoes with green chilies for more heat.
- 8 oz. baby shrimp
- Optional: For intense heat add hot sauce to taste!
Here's What You Do:
- In a 4-quart pot bring broth to a boil and add New Orleans Style Jambalaya Soup Mix, ham and tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp, cook 5 minutes longer and serve!
New Nutrition Tips:
- To boost vegetables, add 1 cup fresh or frozen chopped okra and 1 cup sliced rounds of fresh carrots with soup mix.
- To boost whole grains, add 1/2 cup quick-cooking brown rice and 1 cup water.
- To cut saturated fat and sodium, substitute for ham either 6 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast or fresh, lean pork (uncured, not smoked), or add an additional 6 ounces baby shrimp.
- To cut sodium, prepare with no salt added canned tomatoes with garlic or green chilis, or prepare with no salt added canned tomatoes and add 3 cloves minced garlic or 1 small fresh finely chopped, serrano chili pepper. Prepare with low sodium broth (rather than clam juice). To cut sodium further, substitute water for half of the broth.
For a Jambalaya rice dish, use only 4 cups chicken broth and the canned tomatoes. Stir until broth is absorbed. Serve as a side dish to grilled fish.
New Orleans Jambalaya Soup
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 2 tbsp (15g)
Prepared Serving Size: About 1 Cup
Serving Per Container: About 5
|Amount per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||0||45|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat 0g*||0%||8%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%||4%|
*Amount in Mix.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:||Fat 9||Carbohydrate 4||Protein 4|