With classic creole seasonings this soup mix offers a contemporary take on a traditional jambalaya dish. Add ham and shrimp and dig in!
Jambalaya Soup Mix Ingredients:
Seasoned calasparra Spanish rice (garlic, salt, onion, chili pepper, canola oil, turmeric, sugar, spices, paprika, saffron) carrot, red and green bell pepper, onion, scallions, shallots and cayenne pepper.
Allergen Information: Certified Gluten-Free
- 6 cups chicken broth (or part clam juice)
- 6 oz. diced ham (about 1 cup)
- 1 14-oz can tomatoes with garlic or tomatoes with green chilies for more heat.
- 8 oz. baby shrimp
- Optional: For intense heat add hot sauce to taste!
- In a 4-quart pot bring broth to a boil and add New Orleans Style Jambalaya Soup Mix, ham and tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp, cook 5 minutes longer and serve!
For a Jambalaya rice dish, use only 4 cups chicken broth and the canned tomatoes. Stir until broth is absorbed. Serve as a side dish to grilled fish.
New Orleans Jambalaya Soup
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 2 tbsp (15g)
Prepared Serving Size: About 1 Cup
Serving Per Container: About 5
|Amount per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||0||45|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat 0g*||0%||8%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%||4%|
*Amount in Mix.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:||Fat 9||Carbohydrate 4||Protein 4|