Note: Temporarily shipping English and French label. (Same Great Recipe!)
With classic creole seasonings this soup mix offers a contemporary take on a traditional jambalaya dish. Add ham and shrimp and dig in!
Jambalaya Soup Mix Ingredients:
Saffron, basmati rice, carrot, red and green pepper, onion, freeze-dried black olives, scallions, rosemary, cayenne pepper and turmeric. No added salt, preservatives or MSG.
Allergen Information: Certified Gluten-Free
- 6 cups chicken broth (or part clam juice)
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes with garlic or tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup diced ham (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 pound baby shrimp
Jambalaya Recipe Directions:
- In a 4 quart pot bring broth to a boil and add jambalaya soup mix, tomatoes and ham.
- Cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp, cook 5 minutes longer and serve.
Inventive Soup Recipe Variations:
- For a jambalaya rice dish instead of soup, use only 4 cups chicken broth and the canned tomatoes. Serve as a side dish to grilled fish.
New Orleans Jambalaya Soup
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/5 Cup (13g)
Prepared Serving Size: About 1 Cup
Serving Per Container: About 7
|Amount per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||5||54|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat .5g*||1%||9%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||5%||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%||6%|
*Amount in As packaged. About 1 cup prepared contributes an additional 100 Calories (45 Calories from Fat), 5 g Total Fat (1.5 g Saturated Fat), 25 mg Cholesterol, 790 mg Sodium, 7 g Total Carbohydrate (1 g Dietary Fiber, 2 g Sugars), 7 g Protein.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:||Fat 9||Carbohydrate 4||Protein 4|