This Hearty Meal recipe is a family tradition. Tiny meatballs made with our whole grains seasoning mix, a blend of Italian herbs, vegetables and pastini make this favorite soup a treat for weddings or everyday meals. Makes about 6 12-0z. servings.
Little Italy Wedding Soup Mix Ingredients:
Acini de pasta, whole grain bread crumbs, onion, carrot, celery, parsley, 5 pepper blend, oregano, nutmeg and bay leaf. No added salt, preservatives or MSG.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped, optional
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage, about 4-5 links
- 2 egg whites, or 1 egg, beaten
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1 head escarole, chopped, about 4 cups (may substitute 1 box frozen spinach)
- Shredded parmesan cheese, optional
Little Italy Wedding Soup Recipe Directions:
Preparing the meatballs:
- Push the turkey sausage out of the casings, discard casings.
- Use two knives and chop the whole grain breadcrumb/herb mixture and egg into the ground turkey.
- Form small meatballs by hand, about 60. Set aside in refrigerator, or freezer, until ready to add the soup.
- To form meatballs easily, keep a bowl of cold water nearby and dip fingers between rolling meatballs.
Preparing the soup:
- In a 6-8 quart pot, saute’ onion in oil for 3-5 minutes or just stir in Little Italy Wedding Soup larger soup vegetable seasoning packet in oil for about 30 seconds.
- Add broth and bring to boil.
- Add meatballs and simmer 20 minutes covered, Bring soup back to boil and add the tiny pasta, and escarole.
- Bring heat back to a simmer, cover and cook 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and crusty bread for a fine family dinner.
Little Italy Wedding Soup
Nutrition FactsServing Size: About 1/8 Cup Dry (25g)
Prepared Serving Size:
Serving Per Container: About 10
|Amount per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||5||50|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat 0g*||1%||9%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||5%||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%||12%|
*Amount in As packaged. About 1 cup prepared contributes an additional 100 Calories (45 Calories from Fat), 5 g Total Fat (1.5 g Saturated Fat), 25 mg Cholesterol, 790 mg Sodium, 7 g Total Carbohydrate (1 g Dietary Fiber, 2 g Sugars), 7 g Protein.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:||Fat 9||Carbohydrate 4||Protein 4|