Grapefruit Avocado Salad Recipe
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 large ripe pink grapefruit
- 3 to 6 ounces arugula
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Optional: toasted glazed sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Grapefruit Avocado Salad Recipe Directions:
- Place all ingredients for dressing into small bowl and whisk until creamy.
- Cut grapefruit in half and scoop out all the half segments.
- Place into salad serving bowl, adding in avocado, arugula and crumbled blue cheese.
- Toss with dressing and serve.
- To garnish with almonds place 1/3 cup almonds into small skillet, add 2 tablespoons of sugar over medium heat and stir until sugar melts and coats the almonds and almonds turn golden brown. Be careful not to burn.