Exotic Indian-Thai fusion ingredients give this beautiful pureed soup its tantalizing flavor and texture.
Gingered Carrot Soup Mix Ingredients:
Red Lentils, Carrot, Onion, Crystallized Ginger, Garlic, Cayenne and Spices. No added Salt, Perservatives, or MSG.
Allergen Information: Certified Gluten-Free
You Will Also Need:
- 2 pounds whole carrots, scrubbed, not peeled
- 4 cups broth, vegetable or chicken
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk (may omit for a simple pureed version or substitute cream)
Here's What You Do:
- Wash thoroughly and cut carrots into 1-inch chunks. Remove ends.
- In a 3 or 4 quart pot bring broth and carrots to a simmer.
- Stir in contents of Pacific Rim Gingered Carrot Soup Mix and brown sugar.
- Raise heat to bring soup to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Using a hand immersion blender in the soup pot, or in batches in a food processor, puree soup, leaving some little pieces for texture.
- Return soup to pot, add coconut milk, cook on low 5 minutes and serve.
New Nutrition Tips:
- To boost vegetables, add 1 cup diced leeks and/or 1 diced sweet potato with carrots.
- To give a Mediterranean twist, add 1/4 cup unsalted, no added sugar, creamy cashew butter or peanut butter with soup mix.
- To cut saturated fat, substitute lite coconut milk for coconut milk, or omit coconut milk for a simple pureed soup.
- To cut sodium, prepare with low sodium broth. To cut sodium further, substitute water for half of the broth.
Gremolata Topping for Carrot Soup
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup packed Italian parsley
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Remove peel from lemon with a vegetable peeler.
- Put lemon peel and remaining ingredients in bowl of food processor.
- Run processor until ingredients are finely minced.
- Place a spoonful on each serving of carrot soup for a zesty Italian garnish in any season.
- Short cut: Pick up a small container of tabbouleh at your local deli and use in the same manner as a topping.
Or, this soup may be served chilled for a summer appetizer.
- Prepare a day ahead and refrigerate.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of chopped pecans.
Pacific Rim Gingered Carrot Soup
This product is currently out of stock.
Please check back again later.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: About 5 teaspoons (19g)
Prepared Serving Size: About 1 Cup
Serving Per Container: About 8
|Amount per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||0||100|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat 0g*||0%%||17%%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%||45%|
|Trans Fat 0|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%||32%|
*Amount in Mix.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:||Fat 9||Carbohydrate 4||Protein 4|