Most Frequently Asked Questions from Our Customers
Q: I lost the directions on how to prepare my soup, where can I find them?
A: You will find all recipes for our soup mixes under the Products tab, simply click on the soup you would like to prepare. There you will find the classic recipe along with other options and or slow cooker adaptation if possible for that particular soup mix.
Q: Are your soup mixes gluten free?
A: We have 36 soup mixes total:
- 30 soups are gluten free
- 6 contain wheat products
- One contains organic wheat pasta (Little Schoolhouse Alphabet Soup Mix).
Q: What does “Facility not dedicated gluten free” mean?
A: Please reference our gluten free page, you may locate this under “Soups by Type”. Certified by Celiac Support Association (CSA).
Q: Are your soup mixes organic or kosher?
A: No, they have not been certified BY those entities, but the ingredients are all natural and the mixes contain no salt added or preservatives. They have been certified Gluten Free and our facility has earned a Level 2 SQF (Safe Quality Food) Certification.
Q: Why aren't my beans cooking?
A: There are several reasons why beans can take longer to cook through.
- Not soaking the beans long enough. If the recipe requires soaking the beans - try not to rush them. Our testers have found that both the long and quick soak methods work well in our kitchen.
- Altitude can require more cook time. The higher above sea level you are - the more time your beans may need to cook.
- Hard water can also add to the cook time. When soaking beans in hard water it can sometimes toughen the skin of the bean leading to longer cook times.
- Adding acid too early in the cooking process will also harden the bean. Our recipes that involve beans and acids (for example: wine or tomatoes) recommend adding them after cooking the beans. You can check the done-ness of the beans before adding the acidic elements by trying to mash a bean against the side of the pot with a spoon.
Q: Where may I find your soup mixes?
A: We have a Store Locator on our web page, although we are frequently updating due to our fast growth and popularity. We have 36 soup mixes; every store chooses which variety they would like to carry. If you are looking for a particular item, your local store may or may not carry it. If you can’t find your favorite soup, we do sell all of our products online or call (800) 300.7687 we are happy to take your order over the phone. Our hours are Monday - Friday 8:30 - 5:00pm central time
Q: Where can I find the expiration date?
A: You will find the "Best By" date on the back of the clear cello bag near the bottom, along with the lot code number.
Q: What is the shelf life of our soup mixes?
A: From the day of production, our mixes have a 2-year “Best By” date. All of our mixes are dried. Stored properly, you may certainly enjoy a few months past the “Best By” date. If you live in a warm humid climate, you may extend storage time by placing mixes in freezer bags in your freezer.
Q: How does Frontier Soups protect consumers in its processing?
A: Frontier Soups attained SQF (Safe quality Food) Level Two Certification in early 2014. We adhere to the highest standards of care for our products and in our manufacturing processes. Now we have passed a rigorous quality assurance audit by ASI to validate. (We do not process or dehydrate fresh ingredients.) If you have any questions regarding our process, please send email to: .
Q: Do you process all your ingredients from fresh produce?
A: We select premier all natural ingredients from superior sources. We assemble our soup mixes from beautiful dry or freeze-dried vegetables, legumes, rice, herbs and spices.
Everything we do is to ensure 100% care for our consumer’s best interest!