A Southwestern flavor profile features quick-cooking dehydrated white beans, diced peppers and sweet potato, warm chili seasonings and masa corn flour. Add chicken and salsa verde for an authentic Mexican meal.
Enchilada Soup Mix Ingredients:
Dehydrated navy beans, sweet potato, onion, red and green bell pepper, non GMO freeze dried corn, masa (corn flour) and spices.
Allergen Information: Certified Gluten-Free
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut up
- 1 cup salsa verde or green chili enchilada sauce (Choose mild, medium or hot!)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack/cheddar cheese
- Optional: 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a 3 to 4-quart pot, bring 6 cups chicken broth to a simmer.
- Add contents of Arizona Sunset Enchilada Soup Mix, 1 cup salsa verde (or green chili enchilada sauce), and chicken.
- Cover and simmer 25 minutes.
- Add shredded cheese and serve.
Or, for a creamier version, stir in sour cream and enjoy. (When reheating this soup, keep temperature low to avoid cheese sticking to the soup pot.)
New Nutrition Tips:
- To boost vegetables, add 1 diced bell pepper and 1/2 cup diced onions with soup mix.
- To go Vegetarian, replace chicken with one large, peeled and diced sweet potato (microwave whole for 5 minutes before cutting up) and then add with soup mix.
- To give a Mediterranean twist, prepare with 12 ounces cod, shrimp, or mahi-mahi instead of chicken. Add fish or seafood in final 5 minutes of cooking time.
- To cut saturated fat, prepare without cheese, and add sliced avocado as topping when serving, and substitute nonfat or low-fat, plain Greek yogurt for sour cream. For the Inventive Variations suggestion on the package and website, prepare with extra lean ground turkey.
- To cut sodium, substitute for the salsa or enchilada sauce, 1 can no salt added, diced tomatoes plus 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper and/or 1 tablespoon lime juice, and prepare with low sodium broth. To cut sodium further, substitute water for half of the broth.
Mexican Turkey Chili Recipe
- Substitute 1 pound ground turkey for the chicken.
- Start recipe by sautéing turkey, add in the soup mix and 4 cups chicken broth.
- Add 1 14-oz can chopped tomatoes or tomato salsa or salsa verde.
- Bring to a simmer and cover for 25 minutes over low heat.
- Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream on top.
Arizona Sunset Enchilada Soup
Nutrition FactsServing Size: About 3 teaspoons (20g)
Prepared Serving Size: About 1 Cup
Serving Per Container: About 8
|Amount per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||5||60|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat 0.5g*||1%%||11%%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%||18%|
|Trans Fat 0|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%||12%|
*Amount in Mix.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:||Fat 9||Carbohydrate 4||Protein 4|