Dense Wintertime Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
For the crust:
- 9 ounces chocolate wafer cookies
- 7 tablespoons melted butter
For the filling:
- 8 ounces of semi sweet chocolate
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, plus 2 tablespoons if using the bittersweet chocolate
- 2 eggs, extra large or large
- 3/4 cup sour cream
Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe Directions:
- While preparing the crust, melt chocolate in a double boiler on the stove.
- Crumble the cookies into food processor and crush into a medium crumb.
- Drizzle in the melted butter, continue running blade just until crumbs start to clump.
- Turn off processor and pat the crumbs into to bottom of a nine inch spring form pan. Tilt the pan and pat crumbs 1/2 inch up the sides of the pan. This cheese cake can also be prepared in a 7 x 11 inch pyrex pan and cut into squares to serve instead of wedges as in the round pan.
- Using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the vanilla, salt, and sugar, beating well.
- Allow the chocolate to cool slightly and add to the cream cheese, beat well.
- Add the eggs and finally the sour cream, blending well.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes, no longer. Let cool, and refrigerate or wrap carefully in plastic wrap and foil and may freeze. Allow to thaw 12 hours in fridge before serving.
- Slice and serve with whipped cream, or whipped cream and raspberry puree.