Corn Pudding Casserole Recipe
Serves 6. Double this fabulous recipe for a party!
- 3 tablespoons corn meal
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Kernels from 6 ears of corn
- 1/2 vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Frontier Soups Green Onion Dip Mix (or 1 tablespoon snipped chives)
Corn Pudding Casserole Recipe Directions:
- Butter the inside of a 8 x 8 inch Pyrex pan or other casserole and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of corn meal.
- In a food processor combine 1 cup of the corn kernels, onion, Tabasco and salt and pepper. Process until creamy.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, stir in the cream and the pureed corn mixture, all remaining kernels, grated cheese, corn meal and green onion seasonings.
- Pour into the prepared casserole.
- Can be refrigerated overnight, brought to room temperature and baked, or baked immediately in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes.
- Allow pudding to sit for five minutes then slice into squares and serve.