Bright yellow super sweet (non GMO) corn, red peppers and rice, combine with diced potato and cream additions for this top selling and versatile Hearty Meal soup. Our zesty Santa Fe Trail Cornbread Mix is the perfect complement to this corn chowder meal.
With a garnish of grated Monterey Jack cheese and fresh parsley, this corn chowder soup makes a lovely summer or winter meal!
Corn Chowder Soup Mix Ingredients:
Air freeze-dried corn, rice, onions, celery, carrots, red pepper, chives and herbs. No added salt, preservatives or MSG.
Allergen Information: Certified Gluten-Free
- 2 to 3 white potatoes
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
(When fresh corn is available, cut the kernels off 2 or 3 cobs and set aside. Add cobs to the broth with the potatoes and continue with the recipe. Remove cobs and add the fresh corn with the cream.) For meatier chowder, add diced chicken breast, crabmeat or clams.
Corn Chowder Soup Recipe Directions:
- Peel and dice potatoes and place in a 4 quart pot.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add contents of corn chowder soup mix and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Add cream and heat, uncovered, on low until slightly thickened about 15 to 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Scallops and Shrimp Corn Chowder Recipe Variation:
- Add 1/2 pound each of scallops and peeled medium shrimp after adding the cream for last ten minutes of cooking time.
Crock Pot/Slow Cooker Recipe Directions:
Recommended crock pot: 4 quart
- Peel and dice potatoes and place in a slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth and contents of corn chowder soup mix. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Add cream and any optional additions, stir and continue to cook 1 hour on HI. Remove bay leaf before serving.
Illinois Prairie Corn Chowder
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 8 oz. Dry Mix
Prepared Serving Size: About 1 Cup
Serving Per Container: 10
|Amount per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||0||144|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat 0g*||0%||24%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%||45%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||4%||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5%||7%|
*Amount in As packaged. About 1 cup prepared contributes an additional 100 Calories (45 Calories from Fat), 5 g Total Fat (1.5 g Saturated Fat), 25 mg Cholesterol, 790 mg Sodium, 7 g Total Carbohydrate (1 g Dietary Fiber, 2 g Sugars), 7 g Protein.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:||Fat 9||Carbohydrate 4||Protein 4|