Rich and flavorful, the secret ingredients of cinnamon and unsweetened chocolate give this dark bean mix its original character. The addition of barbeque sauce with ground beef adds a sweet tang to this easy-to-prepare chili.
Serve up this crowd-pleasing Cincinnati-style chili on top of spaghetti, in a bowl with grated cheese, or as a barbeque beef style sandwich in a soft bun.
Cincinnati Chili Mix Ingredients:
Dark red kidney beans, dark chocolate, sliced onion, cinnamon, garlic and chili spices. No added salt, preservatives or MSG.
Allergen Information: Certified Gluten-Free
- 2 pounds ground sirloin (or chuck or round)
- 1 28-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce (sweet rather than smoky)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Cincinnati Chili Recipe Directions:
- Crumble and brown ground meat in a 3 to 4 quart pot with 1 or 2 tablespoons oil, if desired.
- Add contents of chili mix.
- Stir in additions above, bring to a simmer, add contents of chocolate packet and cook on medium-low heat, covered, for 35 minutes and serve.
Midwest Weekend Cincinnati Chili
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Cup (21g)
Prepared Serving Size: About 1 Cup
Serving Per Container: About 8
|Amount per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||25||90|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat 2.5g*||4%||15%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||0%||22%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%||24%|
*Amount in As packaged. About 1 cup prepared contributes an additional 100 Calories (45 Calories from Fat), 5 g Total Fat (1.5 g Saturated Fat), 25 mg Cholesterol, 790 mg Sodium, 7 g Total Carbohydrate (1 g Dietary Fiber, 2 g Sugars), 7 g Protein.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:||Fat 9||Carbohydrate 4||Protein 4|