A savory and heartwarming white bean chili mix with mild peppers and sweet potatoes, add artichoke hearts. Add optional ground turkey for a savory meal. We recommend pairing our white bean chili with our Appalachian Trail Cornbread for a satisfying meal.
A heartwarming white bean chili with turkey, chicken or vegetarian!
White Bean Chili Mix Ingredients:
Navy beans, sweet potatoes, onions, red and green peppers, celery, paprika, garlic and spices. No added salt, preservatives or MSG.
Allergen Information: Certified Gluten-Free
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound fresh ground turkey (or chicken)
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered or one box frozen
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
White Bean Chili Recipe Directions:
Preparing the beans:
- Rinse, drain and pick over.
- Place in a bowl with 8 cups water and soak for 4 hours at room temperature or for a “quick soak” boil for 10 minutes and let stand for 2 hours.
- Drain beans and place in a 4 quart pot with 8 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or more.
While simmering beans:
- Sauté turkey in oil over medium heat.
- Stir in vegetable packet and artichoke hearts.
- Add broth and drained beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Optional: Serve with lime wedges, cilantro, and/or sour cream.
New! Sweet Potato Recipe Variation:
- Our California chili is a mild, more savory chili with a touch of heat.
- For a fun variation get one large sweet potato instead of the artichoke hearts.
- Saute ground turkey or try ground chicken instead.
- Peel and dice the sweet potato, add the soup mix seasonings and the soaked and simmered beans, per the directions on the package.
Makes a great meal, or could go vegetarian with it by substituting vegetable broth and leaving out the meat.
Add 1 Tablespoon brown sugar and taste for salt, may need a teaspoon.
Vegetarian Soup Recipe Variation:
- Remove the ground turkey, and use 5 cups of broth instead of 6.
Optionial: Add box of frozen or cut up fresh butternut squash during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Serve chili in taco shells with slices of fresh avocado and sour cream. A great use for leftover chili!
Slow Cooker Recipe Directions:
Recommended slow cooker: 3-4 quart
Prepare the beans the night before:
- Rinse, drain and pick over the beans.
- Place beans in a bowl with 2 quarts water, let stand on counter overnight.
Assembling the chili in the morning (or the night before):
- In a skillet, sauté ground turkey or chicken in oil over medium heat. Stir in contents of vegetable packet.
- Transfer seasoned turkey to bowl of slow cooker. (Cover and refrigerate, if doing the night before.)
- Drain beans and add to slow cooker with broth and artichoke hearts.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 8 hours.
- Optional: Serve with lime wedges, sour cream, or shredded cheddar cheese
California Gold Rush White Bean Chili
Nutrition FactsServing Size: About 3 Tbsp. (36g) Dry Mix
Prepared Serving Size: About 1 Cup
Serving Per Container: About 12
|Amount per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||5||80|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat 0g*||0%||14%|
|Saturated Fat 0mg||0%||8%|
|Trans Fat 0mg|
|Total Carbohydrate 22g||7%||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 10g||40%||44%|
*Amount in As packaged. About 1 cup prepared contributes an additional 100 Calories (45 Calories from Fat), 5 g Total Fat (1.5 g Saturated Fat), 25 mg Cholesterol, 790 mg Sodium, 7 g Total Carbohydrate (1 g Dietary Fiber, 2 g Sugars), 7 g Protein.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:||Fat 9||Carbohydrate 4||Protein 4|