Butternut Squash & Pasta Recipe
Pick a pretty pasta such as a bowtie for this recipe that will serve 4 or more.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup broth (vegetable or chicken)
- 1 teaspoon of Frontier Soups Lemony Dill Mix, or fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- In a heavy saucepan sauté the chopped onion in 1 tablespoon of oil about 5 minutes.
- Add 4 cups cubed butternut squash. (Either peel and cut up a butternut squash, or if you’re lucky, your grocery store will sell butternut squash already cut into 1-inch cubes!)
- Add 1 cup broth (vegetable or chicken) and teaspoon lemony dill mix, or fresh dill. Cover and simmer very low about 30 minutes.
- While squash cooks, prepare 1/2 pound of pasta according to directions in boiling water. Drain and toss with 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 teaspoon of lemony dill mix or fresh dill. 5. Add the pasta to the pot with the squash and stir well. Serve with grilled pork tenderloin or chicken breast for a fine fall dinner.