Broccoli flowerets and high fiber NON GMO brown rice blend in this creamy, lightly curry seasoned soup for a lovely luncheon or supper meal. Add shredded cheddar and cream.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup Mix Ingredients:
Brown Rice, Potato, Broccoli, Carrot, Onion, Curry, Yellow Pepper and Spices. No Added Salt, Preservatives or MSG.
Allergen Information: Certified Certified Gluten-Free
You Will Also Need:
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy or half/half cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- Optional vegetable additions: 2 cups chopped, fresh or frozen broccoli or cauliflower, or 5 oz. package fresh baby spinach.
Here's What You Do:
- In a 3 or 4-quart pot bring broth to boil.
- Add Virginia Blue Ridge Broccoli Cheddar Soup Mix and your choice of vegetable addition.
- Lower heat and cover, simmering 25 minutes.
- Stir in cream and cheese, cover and keep on low heat for 10 minutes longer.
- For thicker soup use a hand immersion blender to puree the soup, or gently mash the vegetable with a fork, stir well and serve.
- For an elegant summertime meal this soup may be served chilled. Prepare as above, but leave out the cheese and cook 10 minutes longer. Chill soup overnight.
- Use an immersion blender or potato masher to puree. Serve with a topping of diced cucumber and sour cream on each bowl.
Virginia Blue Ridge Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/3 Cup (26g)
Prepared Serving Size: About 1 Cup
Serving Per Container: About 5
|Amount per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||5||230|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1%||38%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%||75%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 20g||7%||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%||8%|
*Amount in Mix.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:||Fat 9||Carbohydrate 4||Protein 4|