Southwestern Chipotle Corn Salad Recipe
Posted by Trisha Anderson on June 28, 2017
This recipe would also make an awesome party dip served with tortilla chips.
● 8 ears fresh corn, husked
● 1/2 red onion, chopped (1 cup)
● 1 red pepper, chopped
● 2 tablespoons lemon juice
● 2 tablespoons lime juice
● 2 teaspoons of Frontier Soups Southwestern Chipotle Dip Mix
● 1/2 teaspoons each salt and freshly ground black pepper
● 1/2 cup olive oil
Optional extras: 1/2 pint grape tomatoes sliced in half, 1 avocado peeled and diced
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Drop in ears of corn, bring back to a boil, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from pot and cool 10 minutes.
- Chop onion and pepper and spread on foil lined baking sheet. Roast in 475 degree oven 7 minutes.
- In a large bowl stand corn on end and strip off kernals into the bowl. Drizzle lemon and lime juices and olive oil over the corn. Mix well. Sprinkle in chipotle seasonings, salt and pepper, and stir well again.
- Mix in the roasted onion and red pepper.
- Make ahead, cover and chill, or serve immediately at room temperature. Optional additions, if want to expand the salad or add color, stir in avocado and/or tomato pieces for a bit of sweet with the heat.