Healthy Eating Made Easy with New Ladle Up Nutrition Guide
Posted by Trisha Anderson on July 27, 2017
Eating healthfully is on most people’s minds these days. Newly released U.S. Dietary Guidelines make it simple to get into action by choosing an overall healthy eating plan with key recommendations:
1. Follow a healthy eating pattern across the lifespan
2. Focus on variety, nutrient density and amount.
3. Follow an eating pattern low in sugars and saturated fats and reduce sodium intake.
4. Shift to healthier food and beverage choices.
5. Support healthy patterns for all.
The new guidelines also provide 3 helpful examples of healthy eating patterns:
1. The Healthy US Style
2. The Healthy Mediterranean Style
3. The Healthy Vegetarian Style
Frontier Soups’ new “Ladle up Nutrition” ebook gives you a summary of those plans and how soup is a great way to help you reach your dietary goals.
Did you know 1/4 cup of cooked beans or peas has as much protein as one ounce of meat? Soup is an easy way to add healthy plant-based protein to your family’s diet.
For more recipe ideas for family meals see “Ladle Up Nutrition” by Frontier Soups.