Black Bean, Corn & Red Pepper Salad Recipe
It’s not red, white and blue, but it’s fantastic for a picnic!
- 2 cans black beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
Black Bean & Corn Salad Recipe Directions:
- Drain the black beans and place in a saucepan with broth, brown sugar and cumin.
- Heat to a boil for about 2 minutes, turn off heat and let stand until ready to add to recipe.
- Bring pot of water to a boil, drop in corn and boil 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from boiling water, drain and cool.
- Stand each ear in the bottom of a bowl with high sides and use a corn stripper or knife to cut the kernels from the cob and letting kernels fall into the bowl. Separate kernels with a fork if needed.
- Stir in the diced red pepper and parsley.
- Drain excess broth from beans and mix beans with corn mixture.
- Pour orange vinaigrette dressing into salad, toss and serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.