Loading... Please wait...
Bake Ahead Spinach & Sausage Scrambler Recipe
- 7 eggs
- 1 package refrigerator crescent rolls
- 1 pound bulk pork seasoned breakfast sausage
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 9 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open package of rolls and line bottom and sides of 9 x 13 pyrex baking dish. Pinch to seal along the perforations. Poke a fork into the crust in about 10 places to let air escape while baking.
- Bake 6 minutes on a lower rack in oven, remove and set aside.
- In large skillet brown sausage, drain and spread over the bottom of the prepared crust.
- In same pan sauté the mushrooms in butter about 3 minutes, add onions for about 2 minutes, and the spinach in batches for 5 for minutes of cooking time, stirring frequently.
- Add the spinach mixture on top of the sausage.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs and pour over the entire casserole.
- Place into oven on middle tack and bake for 25 minutes or longer until the eggs set.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese, bake 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Remove from oven top with sliced tomatoes and cut into squares to serve.