Loading... Please wait...
Arugula Salad & Orange Dressing Recipe
- About 12 ounces of arugula and/or baby spinach leaves
- 1 firm red pear with skin on, cut up into pieces
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 4 ounces carmelized almonds or walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon each: dry mustard, salt
- 1 cup oil, either vegetable or canola
- Place 2 tablespoons of sugar in small skillet, add nuts, stir continuously until sugar melts and coats nuts.
- Remove and cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a 1 pint glass jar, make sure lid securely attached, and shake.
- Use as needed to lightly coat salad greens.
- May keep in refrigerator for weeks.